Whenever you visit a website and a browser loads it, cookies are created. Cookies are basically text file(s) that are generated when the loaded website sends information back to the site user's web browser. This means whenever the user returns to that website, the browser recalls and sends the text file (cookies) to the website's server. In addition to web browsing, cookies are generated by any websites that run other elements, such as widgets, ads, etc., on a page being loaded. These cookies can communicate how ads appear and how other elements of a page may function.
How to manage cookie settings in your browser
To clear, enable/disable, and block cookies in your different browsers, follow the instructions linked below or here (you must do this for each browser separately, but be please aware disabling cookies may prevent you from logging into some websites or limit functionality):
Or you can download or use options which have privacy built into their model and make it very easy for users to control cookie tracking, such as:
- To identify you when you log in to your account.
- To enable us to operate the Services essential to our website and provide them to you.
- To store your account preferences and user information (such as name, course purchases, quiz scores, etc).
- To analyze the Website or other Services and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behavior in order to improve our content and Services.
- To contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions.
- To market and provide products or services to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, improve the features and usability of the Services, and better understand and market to our customers and users.
- To keep the Services safe and secure.
- We use information as otherwise described or permitted by law or as we may notify you.
- We also may use non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services with a view to introducing improvements and improving usability of the Services.
*Please note this page was implemented on March 24, 2021.